Poultry Euthanasia Course
The humane management of sick or injured birds is a critical and unavoidable aspect of poultry farming. The ability to recognize the signs of a bird in pain or suffering and in a quick, humane fashion have the skills to end its suffering, is critical for individual bird welfare and overall flock health. Additionally, under the Animal Care Guidelines, it is mandatory that all personnel who euthanize birds are trained in appropriate euthanasia techniques.
Canadian Poultry Consultants Ltd. offers Poultry Euthanasia Training covering both the theoretical & practical aspects of euthanasia. All materials are provided, and a signed course completion certificate will be presented after completion of this 1-hour course.
Canadian Poultry Consultants – Euthanasia Course – September 28, 2022
WHERE: 30325 Canary Court, Abbotsford, BC.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 28 | 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
COST: $150 + $7.50 GST = $157.50
In the light of COVID-19 pandemic, we follow the public health guidelines strictly to protect everyone’s health. Please read and follow the protocols below strictly:
- Class capacity: maximum 8 people per class. If the class is full, please add your name to the waitlist.
- It is recommended that all participants wear face mask during the class.
- Please stay home if you are showing any symptoms of illness.
We will provide all biosecurity gear and tools necessary for the course. A Certificate of Participation will be provided upon completing the 1-hour course. Please check-in at the front desk upon arrival.
AGENDA: EUTHANASIA AND HUMANE HANDLING OF POULTRY
• Indications for euthanasia
• Identifying pain & lameness scoring
• Humane restraint and handling
• Euthanasia techniques
• Cervical dislocation, Captive bolt, C02
• Confirming death
• Developing an on-farm euthanasia plan
• Cervical dislocation training on live chickens
- Dr. Stew Ritchie Canadian Poultry Consultants / S.J. Ritchie Research Farms
- Dr. Lindsay Kehler Canadian Poultry Consultants / S.J. Ritchie Research Farms
- Dr. Gigi Lin Canadian Poultry Consultants / S.J. Ritchie Research Farms
The course fee is $150/student and all materials are provided.(+5%GST) Thank you for your interest in this course and we look forward to seeing you at the class.