Poultry Euthanasia Training
Canadian Poultry Consultants Ltd. offers Poultry Euthanasia Training covering both the theoretical & practical aspects of euthanasia. All materials are provided, and a signed course completion certificate will be presented after completion of this 1-hour course.
Canadian Poultry Consultants – Euthanasia Course #41 – September 01, 2021
WHERE: 30325 Canary Court, Abbotsford, BC.
WHEN: September 1, 2021, 10AM to 11AM
In the light of COVID-19 pandemic, we follow the public health guidelines strictly to protect everyone’s health. Please read and follow the protocols below strictly:
- Class capacity: maximum 6 people per class. If the class is full, please email – email@example.com or call our office at 604-854-6600 to sign up on the waitlist.
- It is recommended that all participants wear face mask during the class.
- Please stay home if you are showing any symptoms of illness.
We will provide all biosecurity gear and tools necessary for the course. A Certificate of Participation will be provided upon completing the 1-hour course. Please check-in at the front desk upon arrival.
AGENDA: EUTHANASIA AND HUMANE HANDLING OF POULTRY
• Indications for euthanasia
• Identifying pain & lameness scoring
• Humane restraint and handling
• Euthanasia techniques
• Cervical dislocation, Captive bolt, C02
• Confirming death
• Developing an on-farm euthanasia plan
• Cervical dislocation training on live chickens
- Dr. Stew Ritchie Canadian Poultry Consultants / S.J. Ritchie Research Farms
- Dr. Lindsay Kehler Canadian Poultry Consultants / S.J. Ritchie Research Farms
- Dr. Gigi Lin Canadian Poultry Consultants / S.J. Ritchie Research Farms
The course fee is $150/student and all materials are provided.(+5%GST) Thank you for your interest in this course and we look forward to seeing you at the class.
Please call in for registration at 604-854-6600